|Welcome to the club|
Important notes from tournament play—
• If you hook your ball on a big swing at the driving range and hit the window on someone’s house, you’re on your own. We hope you have golf insurance.
• Neither do you want to park your car on the perimeter of the driving range.
• When a golf course has three hole #1’s, it is very important to listen to directions from the nice man who hands out the keys to the golf carts.
• If you find yourself bumping down a washboard gravel road headed toward someone’s driveway, odds are good that you have missed the turn to hole #2.
• If you spend too much time admiring the scenery and the mountain views during your round, you will annoy the golfers who are behind you and in a hurry to make it to a lunch appointment. This is a good time to let other golfers play through. This also has the advantage of giving you more time to admire the scenery.
|Evidence that we actually play golf|
• Chainsaw bear sculptures are a hot item in Pagosa Springs. Our favorite was the bear in the chef’s hat at hole #8 who was holding a blank piece of wood that probably used to hold a menu.
• The new restaurant in the clubhouse has excellent sandwiches and sweet potato fries. All this and a wonderful view of the course and the mountains from the deck.
• We highly recommend the coffee house on the river in downtown Pagosa Springs.